This course will enable students to acquire the basic skills and knowledge relevant to perform basic cleaning tasks, and become proficient operatives with knowledge for future development.
1. Professional Custodial Practices
2. Assessment and Appraisal of Cleaning Performance
3. Hard Floor Cleaning
4. Carpet Cleaning
5. Vertical Surfaces, Glass and High Level Cleaning
6. Furniture, Furnishing and Fixtures Cleaning
7. Sanitary Fixtures and Fittings Cleaning
Individuals seeking entry level employment in providing cleaning services. Also for those aspiring to become Team Leader but who have received little or no formal training.
• Completed at least Secondary 2
• Pass in English at Primary 6 level
• Minimum age of 17 years old
To pass all 7 units with a minimum score of 40% each to be awarded the Certificate in Cleaning Science by ASCENSUS INSTITUTE.
Full time: 2 months (5.0 days x 3.0 hours)
Part-time: 5 months (1.0 days x 6.0 hours)
Upon successful completion of the course, learners (students) may progress into the following courses:
- WSQ Certificate in Retail (Level 1)(Retail Operations)
- City & Guilds (C&G) Level 2 Certificate in Cleaning and Support Services Skills (Subject to the acceptance of C&G).
Full time: Jan, Mar, May, Jul, Sep and Nov
Part time: Jan and Jun
Non-refundable Application Fee: $216 w/GST ($200 w/o GST)
Course Fee: $2,700 w/GST ($2,500 w/o GST)