The COVID-19 pandemic has speeded up and transformed the business world into digitalisation and a more competitive business environment for sustainability. Thus, the global workforce requires new skills and innovation in managing contemporary business functions to remain competitive.
Continual up-skilling employees' competency has become essential for all businesses to deepen skills in emerging areas, such as data analytics, problem-solving, and entrepreneurship. Likewise, members in the work force are exploring competencies and knowledge for career progression and employability.
This course is designed to bring together in-depth knowledge of business functions, operations, and cutting-edge technology, preparing learners (students) to become skilled and informed business practitioners, leaders, or entrepreneurs.
It also allows diploma graduates who want to progress into the next higher level of study an option to attain an academic qualification to prepare them for their future career advancement.
1. Business Entrepreneurship
In an extremely fast evolving business environment of today, executives need to understand the concepts and processes of championing and creating workable ideas to venture into new business either to generate revenue streams or embark into unexplored markets.
The module explores the process of business plan formulation to execution, review and monitoring of the plan to ascertain success.
Specific case studies using a variety of business models, from start-ups to high-growth organisations, will be explored in this module.
2. Data Analytics and Management
Data analytics is a rapidly expanding area that investigates how to use data to help businesses to develop systems and processes to increase productivity, efficiency and achieve effectiveness.
This module looks at business analytics from descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive standpoints. It focuses on how businesses use business analytics to conceive and solve real-world business challenges as well as to assist managerial decision-making.
3. Digital and Social Media Marketing
The way that all businesses conduct their operations and sell their products and services has been revolutionized by digital marketing. With the development of digital technologies, the marketing paradigm has changed.
Today's businesses must contend with a steady influx of social media channels, the growing influence of online clients, and a flood of new digital technologies.
This module imparts learners (students) with the skills to develop digital strategies that fit the needs of today's consumers.
4. Financial Technologies (FinTech) for Managers
Businesses have the chance to make improvements to their operational, product, and service offerings, thanks to new financial technologies like cryptocurrencies and blockchain protocols. The financial services sector, which was previously thought to be the most resilient to global crises, is quickly changing due to technological advancements.
The module walks learners (students) with the forward shifting business trends, incumbents, start-ups, markets, and regulators to leverage machine learning, big data, cloud computing, and cryptographic techniques.
5. Operations and Supply Chain Management
The efficiency of the management of business activities determines its success. Effective and efficient business activities lower operational costs, resulting in higher customer satisfaction and profitability.
The management of activities associated with the creation of commodities and the delivery of services to customers is the focus of this subject.
The basics of operations and supply chain are introduced in this module. Traditional theories of operations management are discussed and debated in considering the current, digitalized global supply chain.
6. Selling and Sales Management
Successful salespeople are not only concerned with making sales; they also care deeply about assisting clients in achieving their goals and fulfilling their needs.
Effective selling abilities are what set apart typical salespeople from those who can outperform the competition. For great salespeople, demands of potential consumers are being addressed a sale is made. They develop not only effective sales techniques but strategies as well. They successfully complete a sales process that fits customers' needs and result in greater sales. They know how to establish rapport and modify their communication styles to pique clients' interests and win their support to boost sales.
In this module, learners (students) will go through what salespeople are trained for, appreciate, and apply the sales process, as well as practice sales techniques to boost their professionalism and confidence.
• Company-funded employees who are required to upskill to support the work functions at the workplace.
• Individual who is seeking an advanced course to upskills for a career progression or employability.
• School graduates looking to progress into an advanced diploma course.
• 18 years old
• Attainment of IELTS 6.0 or equivalent, or
• A pass in AAARYA Business College’s English Literacy Test with a minimum grade of 70%.
• AAARYA Business College Diploma in Business Management, or
• Other CPE registered PEIs’ Diploma qualification, or
• Equivalent qualification from a recognised higher learning institution, or
• At least 1 pass for GCE ‘A’ Level, or
• Completion of High School (11th year) qualification or equivalent for International Students
• Applicants with the minimum age of 30, who do not possess the above qualifications but have a minimum of 8 years working experience, may be considered for entry into this course.
• Evidence of previous employment will need to be provided, together with a reference from the current or recent employer (on letter-headed paper).
AAARYA Business College awards will be conferred upon successful completion of the course that obtained a minimum pass with a ‘C-’ grade in all the required modules.
Full-time: 9 months
Part-time: 12 months
Upon successful completion of the course, learners (students) may progress into a degree course subject to obtaining the approval of the university.
Registration Fee: S$214 w/GST (S$200 w/o GST)
Course Fee: S$6,420 w/GST (S$6,000 w/o GST)